How does LIVI work?
With LIVI you can see a registered GP by video on your mobile phone or tablet. The GP can offer medical advice for symptoms that do not require a physical examination. First download the LIVI app and sign up. You will then be asked to select your current NHS GP practice. This is so we can see if you are eligible for the free NHS LIVI service that we offer in partnership with local GP practices. If you are, you can continue to book an NHS appointment.
Don’t worry if you’re not – you can still see a registered GP by video through the LIVI private service. Or if, you prefer to use an NHS service, please visit your usual NHS GP practice.
To book an appointment, follow the steps in the app. You can choose to see the next available doctor (usually within minutes) or book a specific time in the next seven days.
Then fill out the symptom form as prompted. You also have the option to attach photos to help the doctor more accurately diagnose your condition. If the GP believes that you are in need of medicine or further care, you will receive a prescription or referral. The GPs can write medical fit (sick) notes for issues where a physical examination is not required for the note. It is up to each doctor to make an individual assessment of you as a patient.
How do I sign up on the LIVI app?
- Download the LIVI app on your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play. It is available in iOS (iPhone and iPad) or Android.
- Click 'Sign in' and enter your mobile phone number, you will then receive a text with a verification code which you will then enter into the app.
- You will then be asked to fill in a some basic personal details.
How do I register myself on the LIVI app?
Search for, and select your GP practice
- If it’s your first time using LIVI you will be asked to search for and select your NHS GP practice. This is so we can see if you are eligible for the free NHS LIVI service that we offer in partnership with local GP practices.
- You can search by name, town or postcode. Click on your GP practice to select it. The app will tell you if you are eligible for our NHS service, in partnership with your GP practice.
N.B. We will not ask you to deregister or leave your current surgery.
- If you are eligible for our NHS service, you will be able to book and have a free NHS GP appointment through LIVI.
- If you aren’t eligible, the app will let you book an appointment through our LIVI private service.
If you believe your NHS GP surgery is one of LIVI partner practices and you cannot find it on the app please contact LIVI support on 033 0808 2074.
Details and identity verification
- Add your full name, sex, date of birth and home address.
- Then follow the steps to verify your identity. You will be required to add a photographic ID document (passport, driving licence or UK residence card) and take a selfie photograph.
How do I sign in on the LIVI app?
- Open the app and press the Sign in button on the app.
- If you have Touch ID on your phone, you will automatically be asked to use Touch ID to sign in. This is to keep the app secure. If you don’t have it enabled you will enter the app directly. If you haven’t set up Touch ID or have problems with it you disable it in your phone Settings. Find instructions to do this in iOS here.
How do I sign out of the LIVI app?
- Enter the More tab at the bottom right of the LIVI app.
- Click on Settings and then Sign out.
Why do I need to do an identity check?
Verifying your identity with photographic ID guarantees your LIVI account and medical records are kept secure. LIVI uses Onfido to carry out the identity check.
Who are the doctors that work at LIVI?
The doctors that you see through LIVI are all General Practitioners, and GMC certified. All of the GPs have extensive experience in providing primary care to patients.
They work part-time with LIVI and part-time with their local physical GP surgeries in England, making them well-equipped to assess the symptoms we offer treatment for at LIVI. All GPs have also been trained to provide the best possible care through video meetings on the platform.
Our service opening hours are: Monday-Friday: 7am-10pm, Saturday & Sunday: 9am-5pm.
LIVI Support is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on weekdays, but closed on weekends and holidays.