Using the LIVI app
How do I sign up on the LIVI app?
- Download the LIVI app on your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play. It is available in iOS (iPhone and iPad) or Android.
- Click 'Sign in' and enter your mobile phone number. You will then receive a text with a verification code, which you will need to enter into the app.
- You will then be asked to fill in some basic personal details.
How do I register myself on the LIVI app?
Search for, and select your NHS GP practice.
- If it’s your first time using LIVI, you will be asked to search for and select your NHS GP practice before you can book an appointment. This is so we can see if you are eligible for the free NHS LIVI service that we offer in partnership with local GP practices.
- You can search by the practice name, town or postcode. Click on your GP practice to select it. The app will tell you if you are eligible for our NHS service, in partnership with your GP practice.
N.B. We will not ask you to de-register or leave your current surgery.
- If you are eligible, you will be able to go ahead and book a free NHS GP appointment through LIVI.
If you believe your NHS GP surgery is one of our LIVI partner practices and you cannot find it on the app, please contact LIVI support on email@example.com or call us on 020 3870 3029.
Details and identity verification.
- After selecting your GP practice, enter your date of birth, gender and your maiden name if applicable.
- Then follow the steps to verify your identity. You will be required to add a photographic ID document (passport, driving licence or residency card) and take a photograph of yourself.
How do I sign in on the LIVI app?
- Open the app and press the ‘Sign in’ button.
- If you have Touch ID on your phone, you will automatically be asked to use Touch ID to sign in. This is to keep the app secure. If you don’t have Touch ID enabled, you will enter the app directly. If you haven’t set up Touch ID or have problems with it, you can disable it in your phone Settings. Make sure you delete all fingerprints saved if you choose this option. Find instructions to do this in iOS here.
How do I sign out of the LIVI app?
- Click on 'My profile' at the bottom right of the LIVI app.
- Click on Settings and then ‘Sign out’.
Why do I need to do an identity check?
Verifying your identity with photographic ID guarantees your LIVI account and medical records are kept secure. LIVI uses Onfido to carry out the identity check.