How can we help you?

Here you will find the answer to the most frequently asked questions that come in to LIVI's support

How do I verify my child's identity?

Before you can book a Livi appointment for a child, we need to confirm you are the child’s legal guardian.

You will be asked to upload a photo of one of these documents:

  • Full or long-form birth certificate
  • Formal adoption papers or certificate

It’s important that the document includes your name as the parent or legal guardian.

We will check that your account details match the certificate. So please enter your full legal name when asked to confirm your details in the app.

What is a full or long-form birth certificate?

A full or long-form birth certificate shows the parents’ names and occupation. Short form birth certificates, on the other hand, only show the child’s details.

Unfortunately, we cannot accept a short form birth certificate as it does not prove you are the legal guardian.

What if I don’t have a full birth certificate?

If you don’t have a full birth certificate, you can order a new copy from the General Register Office. Certificates cost £11 and are usually sent a week after you apply.

More information on how to order a certificate can be found on the General Register Office website.

What if I’ve changed my name?

If you’ve changed your name so it does not match your child’s birth certificate, please contact our support team.

We will ask to see a legal document that proves you changed your name, such as a deed poll.

You can contact Livi Support by phone on 020 3870 3029 or by email at

I am unable to book or complete an appointment for my child. What can I do?

Please check that:

  • Your details and your child's details are both correct
  • You have passed your identity check
  • You have uploaded a photo of your child’s long-form birth certificate or adoption papers

If you are still experiencing issues, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 3870 3029 or One of our support agents will be happy to assist you where possible or escalate your query if necessary.

Have more questions? Submit a request