Using the Livi app
How do I sign up on the Livi app?
- Download the Livi app on your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play. It is available in iOS (iPhone and iPad) or Android.
- Click 'Sign in' and enter your mobile phone number. You will then receive a text with a verification code, which you will need to enter into the app.
- You will then be asked to fill in some basic personal details.
How do I register myself on the Livi app?
Search for, and select your GP practice
- If it’s your first time using Livi, you will be asked to search for and select your NHS GP practice. This is so we can see if you are eligible for the free NHS Livi service that we offer in partnership with local GP practices in certain areas of the UK.
- You can search by your GP practice name, town or postcode. We will not ask you to deregister or leave your current surgery.
- Once you select your GP surgery, you will see if you are eligible for our free NHS service. If so, you will be able to book and have a free NHS GP appointment through Livi.
- If you are not eligible for our free NHS service, you will be given the option to use our Livi pay-as-you-go service. The pay-as-you-go service costs £29 per appointment.
If you believe your GP surgery is one of Livi partner practices eligible for the free NHS service, please contact Livi Support on 020 3870 3029.
Details and identity verification
NHS patients:Please ensure that your Livi profile information matches the information you are registered with at your NHS GP practice. This includes your:
You can update your Livi profile by selecting My Profile -> My Details in the Livi app.
- Full Legal Name
- Date of Birth
Pay-as-you-go patients:For our pay-as-you-go service, you will need to complete a verification process before you can book an appointment. This involves uploading a selfie and ID photograph. Your ID must be in-date and one of the following documents:
If you require any assistance with your verification, please contact our Livi Support team on 020 3870 3029.
- Driving License
- National ID Card
- Residence Permit
How do I sign in on the Livi app?
- Open the app and press the ‘Sign in’ button.
- If you have Touch ID on your phone, you will automatically be asked to use Touch ID to sign in. This is to keep the app secure. If you don’t have Touch ID enabled, you will enter the app directly. If you haven’t set up Touch ID or have problems with it, you can disable it in your phone Settings. Make sure you delete all fingerprints saved if you choose this option. Find instructions to do this in iOS here.
How do I sign out of the Livi app?
- Click on 'My profile' at the bottom right of the Livi app.
- Click on Settings and then ‘Sign out’.
Why do I need to do an identity check?
Verifying your identity by taking a photograph of yourself ensures your Livi account and medical records are kept secure.
How do I verify my child's identity?
Before you can book a Livi appointment for a child, we need to confirm you are the child’s legal guardian.
You will be asked to upload a photo of one of these documents:
- Full or long-form birth certificate
- Formal adoption papers or certificate
It’s important that the document includes your name as the parent or legal guardian.
We will check that your account details match the certificate. So please enter your full legal name when asked to confirm your details in the app.
What is a full or long-form birth certificate?
A full or long-form birth certificate shows the parents’ names and occupation. Short form birth certificates, on the other hand, only show the child’s details.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept a short form birth certificate as it does not prove you are the legal guardian.
What if I don’t have a full birth certificate?
If you don’t have a full birth certificate, you can order a new copy from the General Register Office. Certificates cost £11 and are usually sent a week after you apply.
More information on how to order a certificate can be found on the General Register Office website.
What if I’ve changed my name?
If you’ve changed your name so it does not match your child’s birth certificate, please contact our support team.
We will ask to see a legal document that proves you changed your name, such as a deed poll.
You can contact Livi Support by phone on 020 3870 3029 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am unable to book or complete an appointment for my child. What can I do?
Please check that:
- Your details and your child's details are both correct
- You have passed your identity check
- You have uploaded a photo of your child’s long-form birth certificate or adoption papers
If you are still experiencing issues, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 3870 3029 or email@example.com. One of our support agents will be happy to assist you where possible or escalate your query if necessary.