How does LIVI work?
With LIVI you can see a registered GP by video on your mobile phone or tablet. The GP can offer medical advice for symptoms that do not require a physical examination. First download the LIVI app and sign up. You will then be asked to select your current NHS GP practice. This is so we can see if you are eligible for the free NHS LIVI service that we offer in partnership with local GP practices. If you are, you can continue to book an NHS appointment.
To book an appointment, follow the steps in the app. You can choose to see the next available doctor (usually within minutes) or book a specific time in the next seven days.
Then fill out the symptom form as prompted. You also have the option to attach photos to help the doctor more accurately diagnose your condition. If the GP believes that you are in need of medicine or further care, you will receive a prescription or referral. The GPs can write medical fit (sick) notes for issues where a physical examination is not required for the note. It is up to each doctor to make an individual assessment of you as a patient.
Our service opening hours are: Monday - Friday: 7:00 am to 10:00 pm; Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 am - 4 : 00 pm.
LIVI Support is open from Monday - Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 am - 4 : 00 pm.
Who are the doctors that work at LIVI?
The doctors that you see through LIVI are all General Practitioners, and GMC certified. All of the GPs have extensive experience in providing primary care to patients.
They work part-time with LIVI and part-time with their local physical GP surgeries in England, making them well-equipped to assess the symptoms we offer treatment for at LIVI. All GPs have also been trained to provide the best possible care through video meetings on the platform.
Which NHS GP practices does LIVI work with?
You can see a list of all the NHS GP Practices we are currently partnered with here.
How do I sign up on the LIVI app?
- Download the LIVI app on your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play. It is available in iOS (iPhone and iPad) or Android.
- Click 'Sign in' and enter your mobile phone number, you will then receive a text with a verification code which you will then enter into the app.
- You will then be asked to fill in a some basic personal details.
How do I register myself on the LIVI app?
Search for, and select your GP practice
- If it’s your first time using LIVI you will be asked to search for and select your NHS GP practice. This is so we can see if you are eligible for the free NHS LIVI service that we offer in partnership with local GP practices.
- You can search by name, town or postcode. Click on your GP practice to select it. The app will tell you if you are eligible for our NHS service, in partnership with your GP practice.
N.B. We will not ask you to deregister or leave your current surgery.
- If you are eligible for our NHS service, you will be able to book and have a free NHS GP appointment through LIVI.
If you believe your NHS GP surgery is one of LIVI partner practices and you cannot find it on the app please contact LIVI support on 033 0808 2074.
Details and identity verification
- Add your full name, sex, date of birth and home address.
- Then follow the steps to verify your identity. You will be required to add a photographic ID document (passport, driving licence or UK residence card) and take a selfie photograph.
How do I sign in on the LIVI app?
- Open the app and press the Sign in button on the app.
- If you have Touch ID on your phone, you will automatically be asked to use Touch ID to sign in. This is to keep the app secure. If you don’t have it enabled you will enter the app directly. If you haven’t set up Touch ID or have problems with it you disable it in your phone Settings. Find instructions to do this in iOS here.
How do I sign out of the LIVI app?
- Click on 'My profile' at the bottom right of the LIVI app.
- Click on Settings and then Sign out.
Why do I need to do an identity check?
Verifying your identity with photographic ID guarantees your LIVI account and medical records are kept secure. LIVI uses Onfido to carry out the identity check.
Can I book an appointment on behalf of my child?
You can seek care for your child if they are older than 2 years and under 16 through LIVI. To book an appointment for your child between the age of 2-16 years, log in to the LIVI app and then choose if you want to book a drop in appointment or schedule an appointment at a specific time. Thereafter you can choose to book the appointment for your child.
Children must be present during the appointment, just like any other appointment at a physical GP surgery.
Children who are over 16 years old can have their own LIVI account.
Can I use my account for my spouse / partner?
No, unfortunately not. Family members over 16 years old must sign up for their own LIVI account and log in with their own details and ID to book a GP consultation at LIVI.
Can I see a LIVI GP abroad?
Yes, you can see a LIVI GP while you are abroad. However, please be aware the doctor will be able to provide medical advice only. We cannot offer prescriptions or access any local health services.
Can I have a LIVI appointment in a language other than English?
If you need to have a consultation in a language other than English, LIVI can offer you the following options:
- When you are registered with LIVI and need an appointment, scroll down to the bottom of the homepage to view the list of languages our LIVI GPs speak.
- You can then book an appointment with a GP who speaks your language.
- We are working to have GPs who speak the full range of languages at all times. But unfortunately, at this time we cannot guarantee that a GP who speaks your language will be available at a time that suits you.
- If we don’t yet offer your language of choice, you may prefer to seek care from your usual GP provider as they may have access to telephone translation support.
- You may, in certain circumstances, continue to use LIVI with a friend, relative or online translation support. However, if the doctor feels this is not appropriate and they are unable to carry out a safe, high-quality consultation, they may ask you to visit alternative care providers.
Is it suitable to seek care through LIVI for all medical problems?
There may be some cases where the LIVI service is not recommended:
- You have a symptom / disorder that requires physical examination, for example you need to have your chest listened to, a joint (e.g. knee or shoulder) examined, or provide a sample.
- You are in need of controlled drugs. These are not prescribed via LIVI.
- You are in need of medicines containing pregabalin (Lyrica) or gabapentin (Neurontin).
- You want to start treatment that requires long-term and regular medical contact.
- You are in need of a fit (sick) note that may last for a long time.
How much does it cost to use LIVI?
The LIVI app is free to download from the App Store or Google Play.
LIVI works with local NHS GP surgeries to provide an NHS GP service. If you are
registered with one of our local NHS surgeries, the LIVI service is free of charge.
You can find out if you are registered with one of our local surgeries here.